At Hopkins College we value your development in the professional environment.
What is professional Development?
It is the technique of tracking and documenting skills, experience and knowledge that you gain both formally and informally as you work, beyond any initial training. It’s a record of what you experience, learn and then apply. This can be done by participating in classes or any type of employment over the course of your career or formal training
How can it be effective?
For professional to useful you need to make sure that it is:
- Documented: Make sure you track every class or work experience you do and when you do it to make sure that you are up to date. In addition it will be brilliant for your C.V.
- Self-driven: You have to make sure you understand the skills you have and the ones you need to gain. Professional development is for self improvement to further your own career.
- Reflective: Always make sure you can find the benefits and the weaknesses of what you have done. This will help you have a better understanding of what you are developing and help you realise that you already have knowledge in some areas so that you can expand on the knowledge.
- Goal driven: Have a focus why are you doing it and what is the main objective of the professional development.
- Variety: It should be both class-based (includes online classes) and practical. Get to use the skills you are learning to make sure that they have stuck.
Through the delivery of webinars on skills including:
- C.V. writing and interview preparation.
- Personal statement writing.
- Finding work experience/ placement.
- Improving grammar skills.
- Day in the life a professional.
- Equality and diversity
- Professional Skills including (Microsoft, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Google Suite)
Our sessions will be delivered by professionals and will be so much fun Please sign up here.